Looking for IELTS Speaking Questions to practice with? Here is a collection of test questions about SPORTS and ENTERTAINMENT.
Feel free to leave your comments or suggestions. You may also use the reply box to answer some of the questions and let other readers correct them. Enjoy your speaking practice!
PART 1: INTERVIEW
Do you like watching movies?
– What kind of movies do you like the most?
– How often do you go to the cinema?
– Do you think children nowadays watch different movies compared to the past?
-Where and when do you usually watch them?
– Would you like to participate in movie production?
Let’s talk about music.
– What kind of music do you like? Why?
– Did your taste in music change with time?
– Why do you think it is?
– Do you prefer live concerts or records? Why?
What are the most popular sports in your country?
-Do children play enough sports these days?
– Do you play any sports?
– When was the last time you watched a match on TV?
– What do you prefer, watching sports in TV or going to watch live at the stadium?
– What sports/game would you like to play in the future?
Do you like celebrities? Why?
– Would you like to be a celebrity? Why?
– Who are the favourite celebrities in your country?
– Have you ever met a celebrity in person?
– How can children be engaged more in outdoor activities?
– Do you think shopping and entertainment centres are beneficial for people?
– Is it the same for the economy?
PART 2: CUE CARD
Talk about a sport that you tried for the first time. Please say
– What is it?
– When and where did you try it?
– What do you think about it now?
Talk about your first experience in any sport as a child. Please say
– What and when was it?
– Who was your coach?
– How did you feel about it?
Describe a sport you would like to learn. Please say:
– What sport it is?
– When will you learn it?
– How will you learn it?
– Why do you want to learn this particular sport?
Talk about a film that you have watched recently and liked. Please say
– What was it about?
– Why did you decide to watch this film?
– What did impress you about this film the most?
Talk about a song that you liked in the past. Please say
– What was the song?
– Why did you like it?
– Do you still listen to it?
Talk about a sport or exercises that you do for fitness. Please say
– What is it?
– How often do you do it?
– How do you feel after?
PART 3: DISCUSSION
What kind of films do you like to watch?
– Did you watch cartoons as a child?
– Do you think children nowadays are still watching the same films?
– Do you think the choice of films for children is bigger now than in the past?
– Are these educational programs included in schools?
Let’s talk about the movie industry.
– What can be done to improve it?
– Do you like watching movies at home or in the cinema?
Do you think everybody can sing?
– What is the difference between those who took music lessons and those who didn’t?
– How does music influence different cultures?
– Why are some musicians more successful than others?
– Who is your favourite musician? Why?
Some people like to engage in dangerous sports, why is that?
– What kind of precautions should be taken while doing such sports?
– Should people with families and children dependent on them do such sports?
– Do you think women are interested in such sports? Why?
– Describe the importance of outdoor and indoor activities.
– Is it possible to do such activities without investing a lot of money?
Which sport is the most popular in your country?
– Do you think media plays an important role in the popularity of sports?
– Why do people spend money on watching sports?
– What do you think, should people play sports with others or alone?
Do you like to listen to music?
– Have you been to a live concert?
– Do you prefer going to concerts or watching them on TV?
– Do you think humans are the only ones to make music?
– Can you tell the difference between music that is soft and noisy?
How is fitness promoted in your town?
– Do you think it is necessary to remain fit?
– What should schools do to involve children in sports more?
– How is fitness promoted in the corporate world?
– Does the fashion industry play a role in the fitness culture? Why?