Good Day IELTS candidates and readers! Here is a compilation of common IELTS Speaking Test Questions about HOBBIES and FREE TIME.
Photo Credit: http://upstater.com
How do you spend weekends?
– Do you like arts?
– Do you like movies?
– How often do you go to the cinema?
– Did you visit an art gallery before?
– When was the last time?
– Do you have any special plans for the next weekend?
Let’s talk about music.
– Do you enjoy listening to or playing music? Why?
– In your childhood did you play any musical instrument?
– What was it?
– What type of music do you prefer? Why?
– Do you think loud noise affects our hearing?
– What is the effect of noise in our cities?
Do you like singing?
– Have you learned to sing in your childhood?
– Why do people sing?
– How often do people sing?
– What type of songs do you listen to?
Do you have plans for the next weekend?
– Are there some interesting places to visit around your city in weekends?
How do you usually spend your day?
– Do you have time to visit your family?
– Do you see changes in people’s mindset today compared to the past?
– What kind of changes?
– Why do you think these changes are happening?
Do you spend much time alone at home?
– What do you usually do?
– Do you wish to spend more time alone?
Do you read newspapers/magazines?
– Do you think your language can be influenced by reading them?
– What is the last newspaper/magazine you remember buying?
– Do you think in 50 years newspapers/magazines will still exist?
Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
– Are you reading a book presently?
– Would you like to write a book in the future?
Lets talk about photography.
– Do you like taking photos of yourself?
– Why is that?
– What kind of photos do you like to take?
– Tell me about a photo in your home that you like.
– Why do you like it?
What are your hobbies?
Describe a book that you have recently read. Please say
– What book is it?
– What is it about?
– How long did it take you to read it?
Describe a garden or park you enjoyed spending time in. Please say:
– How does it look?
– What did you do there?
– Why did you enjoy this time?
Describe an activity you do occasionally that is expensive. Please say
– What is it?
– Who do you do it with?
– When and where do you do it?
Describe your favorite leisure activity.
You should say:
-who you do this with
-where you do it
-how you do it
-and explain why you like to spend your free time this way.
Would you recommend this book to others?
– Why do you think people read books, especially novels?
– Is reading a book different from watching a movie based on it? Why?
– Why do you think many books are made into movies?
– Is there a difference between reading a printed book and its electronic version?
Do you think people will still be interested in reading fiction in the future?
– Do you prefer reading a physical book or its digital version?
– Do you think people are interested in reading detective stories? Why?
– Are books written by an author from a certain country telling something about their country of origin?
– Why do you think so?
– Do you think such authors and their books will be appreciated in other countries? Why?
-Have your hobbies changed since you were younger?
-How long have you had your hobby?
-Which hobbies are the most expensive?
-Which hobbies are the cheapest?
-Which hobbies cost nothing at all?
-Which hobbies are the most popular in your country?
-Is hunting a hobby or a sport in your country?
-Which hobbies are the most popular with women in your country? With men?
-Did you have any hobbies when you were a child?
-Can you think of any hobbies which are popular with children and adults?
-Do you think a hobby is different from a sport?
-Are there any hobbies you would like to try?
-Are there any dangerous hobbies?
-Are there any hobbies you can do in other countries, but not your own?
-Which hobbies do you think are the most difficult?