Hello readers! Here is a set of writing tasks for IELTS General Module. These are actual IELTS writing tasks contributed by previous test takers and some are from past IELTS Exam Papers. Included in this set are IELTS Writing Tasks about Business and Money, Hobbies and Free time, Education and Holidays and Celebrations.
Feel free to send your writing samples to me through the contact page. I will be happy to give you feedback the soonest possible.
IELTS Writing Task – BUSINESS and MONEY
You are very disturbed by the noise coming from a restaurant opened nearby recently. Write a letter to the restaurant manager and say
– What problem do you experience?
– What should the management do about it?
– Describe what you will do if the problem is not resolved.
Nowadays people buy a lot of unnecessary manufactured products. Is it a positive or negative development? What is the effect of this on the individual and the society?
IELTS Writing Task – EDUCATION
Write a letter to a college headmaster asking him/her about financial support for one of the courses that you are really keen on doing. In your letter
– Give details of the course.
– Why are you interested in this particular course?
– What is the reason for requesting financial support?
In many countries school-age children spend their free time doing homework. Is it a good or a bad thing? Give examples based on your own experience.
IELTS Writing Task – HOBBIES and FREE TIME
Write a letter to your friend telling him/her that you have won a photography competition. In your letter
– Describe the event.
– Describe the photograph you have sent for the competition.
– Invite him/her to the exhibition where your photograph is presented.
Some say that only people born with certain talents should practice arts such as music, painting, poetry. Others, however, think that anyone can participate in these activities. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
IELTS Writing Task – HOLIDAYS and CELEBRATIONS
Write a letter to the hotel manager to make arrangements for hosting a party for one of your friends. In your letter
– tell the manager about the reason for the party
– explain what requirements you have
– ask about the availability of facilities and the menu
Many people spend large amounts of money on celebrating birthdays and weddings. Others think it is unnecessary to spend so much on these events. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.